Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Huckleberry Hill

Anne came to me and said that she had disturbing news. She told me that Blueberry Hill turned into Huckleberry Hill. It seems that Kristen did some research and found out the little berries I discovered on Blueberry Hill are really huckleberries. She could have just believed me, but, no, she had to do research. Well, now Leo and Kristen, Satin, Wrangler, Lace, cat 2 and cat 3 (sorry, their names escape me, probably because I'm so upset about not being believed, me being an experienced woodsman and all), bird and all those fish live on Huckleberry Hill.

3 comments:

Anne K said...

Think maybe we can get to like huckleberries as well as blueberries?

kristen said...

I feel the need to defend some things. I didn't doubt you. I was trying to prove you were correct. See my parents spent Monday night and brought containers to pick the blueberries I told them about. Needless to say, that they completely made fun of me because these were huckleberries. Well, this led to a big discussion that led to the research. I thought I had them with some of the pictures I found only to find another site that proved they were correct. Now, if this makes you feel better, in some locals hucklebetties aren't recognized they are just considered small blueberries.

Bill said...

Well, there you are - small blueberries. That's what they are known as where I come from. Huckleberry is the name of a kid from Missouri.