Saturday, August 2, 2008

Off to the Adirondacks

Today we put the final touches on our packing preparations for our camping trip to Eighth Lake at Inlet, NY. We have everything we hope we will need including tent, canopy, kitchen table/box, stove and a 17 foot boat in our minivan. Most of the stuff is already in the car. We are looking forward to a week in the woods with Anne's family with no internet or cell phone connections. I'm sure there will be adventures and photos to share on our retuen.

4 comments:

christine M said...

Have a great time! And tell everyone we say Hi and wish we could see them too!

LeoK said...

Did you remember to pack the scotch?

LeoK said...

It rained and rained and rained,
The average fall was well maintained;
And when the tracks were simply bogs,
It started raining cats and dogs.
After a drought of half an hour,
We had the most refreshing shower;
And then, most curious thing of all,
A gentle rain began to fall.
Next day was one but fairly dry,
Save for one deluge from the sky,
Which wetted the party to the skin,
And then at last--the rain set in.

Bill said...

Thanks for the poem Leo. I didn't bring the Scotch, but wished I had after a few days of rain. We did have plenty of wine though. I am going to try to figure out how to post or link to pictures and then I'll be back. I hope I'm back before too many months go by.