Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dizzy Me

I know that some of my readers would not raise an eyebrow to hear that I was and am dizzy, but I raised an eyebrow. Last evening, Anne and I went to a play at the local Presbyterian church. She knows one of the men who was in it. The group is called Spotlight Players and they do a dessert show where you sit at tables and during intermission the have a very nice cake and coffee spread. Anyway, the place isn't very big and you get to sit very close. When I got up to go for the dessert I felt like I had had a couple of drinks and was unsteady on my feet. My first thought was that if anyone was looking at me they would think I was drunk. I made a pretty good effort to get my chocolate cake, whipped cream and strawberriesand get back to my seat without incident. When I woke up this morning I still felt an equilibrium problem. We remembered that our daughter had some sort of a similar problem a while ago and we found out from her that it was probably caused by allergies causing an infection in the inner ear. Taking allergy and seasickness medicine seemed to work for her. I took some allergy medicine this morning, but don't have any seasickness medicine on hand.

My mother had equilibrium problems, but I have nmever experienced anything like that before now. Anne looked up "dizziness" in one of her books and it said that it effected mainly elderly people. Well, I know that has nothing to do with me, so we'll stick with the allergy approach for now.

Let's see, what else is going on. Our Rochester closing was scheduled for May 20th with the sellers moving out on May 21st. I said, "No, that won't do at all." Now they are moving out on the weekend and we are closing on the 23rd. In New York the sellers don't attend the closing apparently and they're not there for the walk through either. You don't get to talk to them at all. I would much rather be able to talk with them and learn any things they can tell us after having built the house and lived there for thirty years. So, we'll see what happens. Still no activity on our buyers' house, so we are going to list with a realtor if there isn't some action by the time we close on the house up north.

Today is a gray day outside and there is a forecast of possible showers. I have to be doing something, so I had better get to work looking for things to pack or sort or something. Trouble is that I have taken the antihistamine which is beginning to make me feel drowsy.  I don't want to fall asleep on the job. Oh hum!

No comments: