Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Should Say Something

A lot has been going on so I feel obliged to say something about it all, but where to start. First, the school year has ended and all grandchildren have advanced to the next grade. Several have made the honor roll and one has now advanced to high school. It is frightening and wonderful at the same time. I have a granddaughter who will be starting high school. Have I aged that much?

We have a contract on our house and had the house inspection today. Everyone seemed pleased when it was done, but we haven't seen the report yet so we don't know what the laundry list of things will be that they will want fixed. But, things are moving along. We had a mover come in yesterday to give an estimate. He didn't actually give an estimate, but took an electronic accounting of everything we want to ship. We will get a call from the company with the estimate when they have his data.

Roxana, Anthony and Alex came yesterday and stayed overnight. They headed to Englewood today to visit her family and will return here on Sunday and drive back to DC on Monday or Tuesday. On Sunday we will also celebrate Katie and Stephen's graduation / promotion. I guess we'll celebrate everyone else's promotion too.

Packing will now have to proceed at a brisker pace than has been observed for the past month. I was reluctant to pack too fast until I felt that we had a firm deal on the sale of our house. Now I must proceed briskly indeed since none of the stuff that I previously observed in closets has disappeared. The calendar days, however, are disappearing. I note, too, that we have reached the Summer solstice when the daytime is the longest. From now on until about December 22nd, the days become shorter and it seems to me that they become shorter very rapidly. I'm afraid that there is nothing I can do about it.

No comments: