Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Thoughts

At least I'm not going to write about funerals today. I have been busy packing. Have I said that before? It seems like packing is a new career for me. Books look very nice on shelves, but when you take them off the shelves, they fill an alarming number of boxes. Things in cabinets fill boxes. Things in closets fill boxes. Our mover dropped off 40 boxes today. When I originally told the sales rep how many boxes I thought we would nee, he laughed and said we would probably fill at least 200 boxes.

I have been transporting fragile and delicate items myself, mainly so that I don't have to pack quite as carefully as if the mover was taking them. Then I wonder, where will all of those other 200 boxes go in the new house. Will there be room for furniture? Will we be able to walk around? How long will it take to get them empty? Will it all fit?

The buyers' bank's appraiser is coming tomorrow. The municipal inspector is coming on Monday. We haven't heard about the house inspection yet that was done on Friday. I don't know what's taking so long. I arranged for our New York auto insurance today, so that's one more thing to scratch off the list. One problem is that a great number of residents (and relatives) in our new town seem to be Buffalo Bills fans. I'm not sure I care about them (the team, not the residents or relatives). Of course, the do have "Bill" in their name, but, nevertheless. Maybe I should just be silent about the whole thing and smile when they begin to get all excited. Sigh! Nothing is easy.

2 comments:

Mary Jane Gilbertson said...

Hi! My life is in boxes in a POD in Conway SC while I look around. Renting with a dog is harder then I thought it would be, stayed at my moms a while now at my brother's house, Josh with my nephew. very disconcerting but at least the house sold easy and I got out of Florida. I feel your pain

Bill said...

House inspection was fine, got the C of O, now the buyers are having trouble getting insurance because of the small amount of knob and tube wiring left in the house. Will this ever end? We are trying to work out a deal to solve that problem. We still plan on moving 1/9.