Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy Weekend

On Saturday we raked and distributed mulch which was the result of having had three trees removed from our yard. While Anne kept on with her work of sanding and scraping the side porch railing, I proceeded to get a coat of paint on the floor of the back porch and to continue to work on the Box. We also rearranged our stack of firewood and brought some into the cellar to better dry there, I hope.

We had some sad news too. My cousin Tom's wife Mary passed away after a short bout with leukemia. She was my age. We are going to the wake tomorrow.

Today I put a second coat of paint on the back porch floor and helped clean up some of the side porch railing. I also got a coat of stain on the Box. I still have some more staining to do on it, but I'm anxious to see how it looks when it's all put together. I hope grandson Harry likes it. I think he will. Tomorrow morning I have to go for my periodic fasting blood test.

No comments: