Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hooray For Me

Today I got the second car in the garage. I have been working hard and thinking hard about this for a while. Mainly, I've been thinking about where to put the stuff that was preventing the second car from being in the garage. There will be a few extra things put out for the trash on Wednesday night. I also discovered that we are not utilizing our existing storage shelving in the most efficient way. I am working on that too. As one of my readers pointed out to me, once you throw something away, it gets easier. Of course, I've thrown things out or given things away before. It always seems that whenever I did that, about a week later I'm wondering what I did with that thingamajig and when I realize that I got rid of it, I wonder how I could have done that. I'm finding that having the space is better than having the stuff. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a computer program into which you could enter all of your stuff and the dimensions of the space that is available and then the program would tell you just how to organize everything? Pretty soon I will stop writing about organizing stuff, at least I hope I will stop soon, but at least, in terms of the cars, I'm ready for winter.

Today we did a little exploring and found a nice county park and a place to launch a canoe or kayak into Irondequoit Bay. It is about fifteen to twenty minutes from our house. On the next nice day we will explore Mendon Ponds, about a half an hour away. I think I should stop writing now so I can go get a chair and sit in the garage and admire my handiwork.

3 comments:

Mary Jane Gilbertson said...

Well I finally caught up on work and meandered to your blog, hey Bill!

Bill said...

I am glad that the Southern contingent has checked in. Stay tuned for Big Blog changes. I am going to post new pictures soon. It's just that I don't have many good pictures to post. Right now I'm busy trying to get as many CDs as possible on my computer and then onto my iPod. Trying to become as digital as possible.

Pat said...

Hi Bill. Glad to read you've got room in the garage now for both cars. Jack just sold his boat to make more room in the garage here!! Next step is to paint it and move the rest of the stuff back in. (tools, workbench, etc.) If I'm lucky there might be room for my car too!!