Friday, February 8, 2008

Kayaking

2007 was not a good year for kayaking for us. We went out on Mother's Day on Lake Assunpink with our son and his wife and didn't go out again until late summer. One problem was that I got a sports related injury in the summer. I went into a bookstore to get a kayaking magazine and when I came out I slipped and fell on my knees in the wet parking lot. I got up thinking that I had only got my pants wet from falling and it wasn't until about a week later that I began to have pain in my left knee, leg and foot. The pain and stiffness was such, before I finally went to see a doctor, that I was afraid that if I got in my Tsunami 14, I wouldn't be able to get out again. We finally did go kayaking with some friends and I borrowed one of their sit-on-tops. It was great to get out on the water, but the sit-on-top was not as easy to paddle as my boat.
This year I am all ready. My legs bend and flex and my foot is no longer stiff and sore. However, my spouse's arm has been giving her some pain and I am concerned about how we will get the kayaks on our car. (Of course I'm more concerned about her arm and she has been to see a doctor, too.) well, when the weather gets warmer, we will see how we deal with this.

4 comments:

christine M said...

I hope you plan to take the kayak a little further afield than the pool. -- and your granddaughter is here telling me she wants to ride in the kayak some more.

Stephen said...

May I please ride on ye new kayak again????????????????????????????

Bill said...

Yes ye may, me hearty. This time maybe we should venture out into the watery world beyond the pool. What say ye to that?

Unknown said...

I see we are loosely using the term sports related injury. I guess it is better than to say that I fell in my old age and was lucky to be able to get up.