Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Door (Part 2)

I got the door assembled at home and transported it to Basking Ridge where it was then installed. When Timmy saw me with my tools, he quickly got his own tool box and carried it into the kitchen commenting, "This is heavy." Both Timmy and Bridget watched me carefully and provided helpful assistance by handing me nails as needed and by asking many question along with showing me that they had toy tools similar to mine. The installation went smoothly. I now must finish off the top, install catches and make a smooth transition to the top closet shelf.
 
While this is going on, I must continue with the Great Shelving Adventure, but cutting the wood to proper length, sanding and having Harry help me apply stain.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Sounds like the great Door adventure was a success. I'm sure you'll meet as much success on the great Shelving Adventure.

Easter Almuena said...

Happy Birthday to Christine's dad! What a wonderful blog you have.
My husband would love it! :-)