Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Handyman

We had a man in today from Roto Rooter to clean out our house drain and he remarked on seeing my workshop that "You must be a handyman." I though that yes, I guess I am a handyman, but not just any handyman. I have a special calling in life. I knew for years that I had a destiny in home repairs, from digging trenches to put in light posts, remodeling the second floor and putting in a new bathroom at our former home in Ewing, building a darkroom and shelves at or home in Aberdeen to removing bushes, digging tons of dirt, building porch steps and more shelving at our present home. In fact, I have built so many shelves, I suggested to my spouse that my tombstone should read, "He Built Shelves." I have repaired water lines, faucets, tight doors, rebuilt kitchen cabinets, replaced or added electrical outlets, wired rooms for stereo speakers, wallpapered and painted, refinished floors and the list goes on. I recently bought a pressure washer [family take note] to clean gutters, remove paint, clean soffits and outdoor equipment. I am truly a handyman. No, not a handyman, I am The Handyman of Morning Glory Alley. 

2 comments:

christine M said...

And we know nothing stays broken for long with The Handyman around. You're better than Bob the Builder (you can actually fix stuff!)

kristen said...

I am glad you bought a pressure washer. They do come in handy. Leo bought one a couple years ago for us. I am also glad that you passed that handyman gene to your son. I could have ended up with a certain other son of yours who can't even get out of his jacket.