Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Door

I have been working on Teddy and Patti's door for their closet and hope to be able to deliver and install it this Saturday. So far things have gone well. I am putting a poly stain on it and I'm finding it tough to spot little runs of varnish which show up quite plainly the next day after it is dry. I am building a frame from measurements that I took at their house, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything fits ok. If it doesn't quite fit like I hope, Timmy got some tools for Christmas, I think and maybe he can help me fix it. Then we will proceed to Harry's shelving. I didn't buy the stain for that yet because I want to give Harry a few samples from which to choose. Maybe that's making things more complicated, but it's his room and I want him to be happy when it is all done.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Well, if it doesn't fit Timmy can help you fix it , and Bridget can supervise and tell you how to fix it.
I also think that it is nice of you to have Harry pick out his stain color. It will make him feel like he had a part in the project. It makes it all the more special.

Bill said...

I'm sure you are correct that Timmy and Bridget will be there and ready and willing to get right in the mix of things. I am also sure that you have accurately foreseen their functions in all of this.