Thursday, September 18, 2008

Harry's Box

Now that the porch project is underway, not finished but underway, it is time to turn my attention once again to Harry's Box. You may recall that this is a secret box, so I can't really say anything about it. I can say that I went to Lowes today to get some 6 x 1" drywall screws, which would be just perfect for some parts of it. However, it appears that they don't carry the 1" size. I have a partial box of them purchased not that long ago, so I know someone had them. Tomorrow I will try my luck at Home Depot. Lest I raise concern that the box cannot be completed without the screws, readers should have no fear. I have enough screws, I just wanted to get more.

I think that I mentioned in a previous post that I usually don't draw up plans for something like this, but just kind of build it as I go. Still, when building a box with special features, one does have to draw up some kind of plan and think very carefully before proceeding and messing everything up. The past two evenings I cut some wood and did a lot of thinking. I think I'm ready to get going.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Anne K said...

Even I don't know what Handyman Bill is up to!