Thursday, September 10, 2009

Retirement Today

This is Thursday. One day until my 1st weekiversity of retirement. I started out by finishing digging up the main part of the bed that Anne wants for her strawberry plants.

Anne and I took a hike on the Red Trail at Cheesequake and found it quite enjoyable. We met a man also hiking and chatted for a while.

Our new wireless Lexmark printer arrived today. Set up was easy and so far the printing works great. I haven't tried the copy, scan or fax modes yet although the machine said that the fax was working fine. I am always amazed by technology. This printer found the wireless network and basically installed itself. It works with the PC and the Mac.

I had taken four fishing reels to the Tackle Box in Hazlet to have new line put on them a couple of days ago, so I went back today to get them. The fellow there said that my reels were in great shape. While there, I looked at poppers which are used for stripers and I was aghast at the price. They range from about $11.00 through $23.00, at least the ones that I saw. No wonder people make their own. I then went to Dick's Sporting Goods to see how their prices were and found them to be pretty much the same. I like the fellow in the tackle box (the store) who was very willing to talk and give recommendations on how to catch fish. The non-existent person in Dick's wasn't nearly as helpful. I'm not feeling quite so irrelevant today, but not into the routine yet, if there is a routine. It is probably better if there isn't a routine. That could get boring.

1 comment:

Anne K said...

I just rediscovered your great blog. I plan to be a regular follower!