Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blogging Some More

I believe it is once again time to write something in my blog.. I haven't written anything here in so long that I almost forgot the name of the thing.

I don't know why I bother to plan what I will do during the day. This morning I got up and decided I would resume my weight training and would practice some music. What I did was to finalize some internet shopping and was then assigned to wrap some Christmas presents. That was ok. That got me more in the spirit. I didn't get to the weights until around two o'clock and didn't pick up an instrument until after eight. What was I doing the rest of the time? Maybe I was staring out a window and just forgot.

So, what have I been doing? We spent two and a half weeks in Florida visiting Pete, Roxanne, Anthony and Alex. Pete was able to get home from Haiti for a week during that time and that was nice. As always, we were treated well and the boys were fun, although Anthony is getting too good at games. The weather down there was warm (mid to upper 80s) and when we got back to New Jersey, there was snow on the car. Yuck.

Last weekend (I still think in terms of weekends to do chores) I made some changes to the train set and cleaned up the cellar in case anyone visits over the holidays. Leo, Kristen and Tyler will stay over either New Year's Eve or New Year's night, but then have to get home because of the dogs, cats, bird and fish - mainly the dogs. Their neighbor will look after them for the one day.

I went to Eastern Title on Tuesday, December 15th to help Santa give out presents at their annual secret Santa thing. I had a very nice lunch with one of the Associates and have two more lunches planned; one with Mike, the boss, in January and one with an Associate near the end of January. I may want to run down to Crisfield, MD for an overnight when my new instrument is ready. Trying to talk Anne into that.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something here. I must be doing more than what I described; the days are flying past, at least I think they are. I'm no longer sure exactly what day it is since I retired and when we were in Florida, I didn't even know what season it was.

Someone recently suggested that I should write some more. Maybe I will, but then you'll have to read it. Well, I guess you won't, but then how will you know if I say anything interesting?

No comments: