Saturday, December 19, 2009

Waiting for the Snow

It is about 3:30 p.m., Saturday, December 19, 2009 and the promised snowfall is just beginning to organize itself. We were most concerned about getting to the production of Annie in Metuchen. Christine asked the production manager last night about the chances of cancellation of the evening show for which we have tickets. She was told that they rarely cancel and as long as the actors are there, the show will go on. Since there were still seats available at the 3 p.m. show, Anne decided to call and see if we could change. She got a call back that all the Saturday and Sunday performances were cancelled because at least one principal player, who lives in Cherry Hill, couldn't get out of her driveway. The show has been rescheduled for January 2nd and 3rd.

Anthony got his flight from Florida just fine and Peter met him at the airport in Pittsburgh, so that plan is working out. Teddy and Timmy are driving out to Pittsburgh tomorrow and are bringing some more warm clothes for Anthony.

I figure that a good part of tomorrow will be devoted to snow removal, both here and at several neighbors houses, so I'm not doing any weight training today. I'll have enough of that tomorrow. What I am doing, what I was doing, before I started writing this, was to get pictures organized and labeled in iPhoto and then get them onto Flickr. I had passed a very clear law for my life that said to get photos off the cameras as quickly as possible, edit and label them before I forgot what they were, who the people were or where they were taken. I have been stellar in getting the pics onto the computer, but less than shining in getting rid of poor shots and labeling the rest. I still remember who the people are, but some of the places are getting foggy. It is astonishing how fast the little buggers accumulate (the pictures, that is).

I want to put a link on my blog to my Flickr account so that anyone who cares to can simply click and see them. I think that should be called a "clink," when you click a link. Maybe it is called that already and I am just ignorant of the fact. That having been said, I must discover, first, what the heck the link is to my Flickr pictures and second, how to put it somewhere on my blog. [I figured out to do that so now I have my first clink, right there at the top of the page.]

The snow seems to have let up. I wonder if this is another one of those fake storms the weather people get themselves all worked up about but then fizzle out. I guess we'll know by Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Anne K said...

Oh boy! I'm going to try out your clink right now!!