Friday, September 17, 2010

A Medical Day

Today I had two doctor appointments. The first was with my GP where my vital signs were present, I got a flu shot and got my ears cleaned out. That comes from saying "What?" too much when the doctor is questioning you. I asked about the call I got from the colonoscopy guy's office when I was told that I was due for one since it had been five years. I thought the guidelines were for ten years when he didn't find a single thing the last time. The guidelines have changed and now it's five years. That aside, I was pronounced fit to proceed to my next appointment.

Next up was the cardiologist. This is the conversation as he entered the room with a woman doctor?, PA?, nurse? in tow. No "Hello" or "How are you?" [Of course, if he had said that I would have said, "I don't know. That's why I'm here."]:

Doctor: "Are you still retarded?"
Me: "Yes."
Doctor: "For how long?"
Me: "Since September and I highly recommend it."

The woman must have thought we were both insane.

I like my cardiologist. My vital signs were present there also and, even though I had lunch between appointments, I lost a whole pound between doctors' offices. Not enough though. I still have to lose more. Then we discussed Rochester and movies. He is a real movie buff. His parting words were that I shouldn't move.

No comments: