Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday and Haiti

It's Friday and I did my weight training exercises today. Will I keep this up? I'm doing exercises for muscle endurance, not muscle size. There is a difference and I think endurance is what I want. Especially, I want to be able to get out of my kayak in the warmer weather without looking like a beached whale. I can get in it just fine, but after sitting for an hour or so, uncurling myself to get out has presented some moments in the past. I have always managed to get out, but not always as gracefully as I would have hoped.

Peter is back living in his office from a couple of days of R&R in Santo Domingo. His tour in Haiti ends in August. His Spanish language training starts in January in DC, so in addition to leave time and vacation, he needs to work someplace for a couple of months before he goes to Mexico. He has asked for Miami. I think the government should give that to him after all that he has had to endure in Haiti. He didn't sign on for earthquake duty or to see his neighborhood crumble around him. So, we'll see what happens.

We had a little snow yesterday, but it wasn't real cold. so it melted. I hope we don't get anymore for the weekend because we are having guests for dinner on Sunday and I would rather not have a major snow event to deal with before then. But, if we have a blizzard, I will go outside in the freezing cold and remove every snowflake that could impede anyone's progress to our door. That's just the way it is.

No comments: