Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti2

I couldn't edit the prior post to add any additional word for some reason, so I decided to do a new post, although there are no words that I can add to what Peter so eloquently said.

I never thought I would have sons that would be so involved in something like this situation. Peter was there on the ground from the beginning and the enormity of this tragedy will haunt him forever. We were at Katie Rose's 13th birthday party this evening and Teddy was there texting and on the phone arranging assignments of Secret Service personnel for Bill Clinton's departure from Newark to Haiti.

You never stop being concerned for your children, even when they become adults and have families of their own. Now there are not only children to be concerned about, but spouses and children. I'm not "worried" about any of them because they are all responsible, caring people (Tyler is only a baby, but he will be responsible and caring. Timmy and Bridget are almost five, so they are getting to be big kids.), but I will always be concerned for them.

No comments: