Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiti, the Dentist, Weights

Peter got a couple of days R&R in Santo Domingo from today until Wednesday. His hotel is nice, but it's a half hour from the beach and he has no car. He may try to get there tomorrow. Apparently, no one else from the embassy is there, but he met some people he knows who were providing aid work or something. Wednesday he has to go back to the cot in his office, but at least he's getting a little respite.

I had an appointment at the dentist for cleaning today, but the hygienist was sick so it got postponed until next Monday. We're having a few folks for dinner on Sunday and I wanted to look spiffy. Oh well, I'll have to be unspiffy, or just keep my mouth closed.

I restarted my weight training in ernest today. I had been reacquainting myself with some of the exercises, but today I put them all together for the first time in a while. I was glad I did it, but I discovered muscles I had forgotten existed. I think I'm supposed to do this more than once, even on a regular basis. I have these record sheets that expect you to record your progress several times a week. One curious thing is that my old sheets show that I did certain exercises with 20 lb dumbbells, but I only have 15 and then 25 lb ones. I don't know where the 20 lb ones could be. Curious.

No comments: