Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Victoria, Snow and Weights

Yesterday afternoon we saw "Young Victoria" at our local cinema. It was free movie night, of course and guess what? They have installed all new seats in the theater. The old ones were there from the dawn of time and were really starting to fall apart, literally. That had been one of my big objections to that theater; I couldn't get comfortable. The new seats are nice.

So, the movie was about Queen Victoria from the time that her uncle, the King, died until sometime after the birth of her first child. It was really a love story between Victoria and Albert and it was nicely done. I always liked Queen Victoria. I thought she was a good ruler interested in the welfare of her subjects. I'm not quite as impressed with her progeny, but the story was about her, not them. The actors were real people and not generated on a computer. I would like to live in one of those palaces and have servants to wait on me, but my guess is that won't be happening any time soon.

It snowed last night and we got about an inch. I shoveled the walks this morning with the idea that if I did that I wouldn't have to do all of my weight training today. I figured that I would just do the lower half of my body. Well, I got started on my routine and went through the whole thing anyway. So, yeah for me.

I was holding off writing on my blog in the hope that I would have heard from Peter. I emailed him the other day, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how long it takes emails to get to or from him, but we'll call Roxanne tonight to see if she has heard anything.

No comments: