Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pictures / Root Canal

I'll start with the root canal first. I have to go to the endodontist on Friday for that exciting procedure. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to it, but, I ask you, what are my choices? I was to see the dermatologist last Wednesday, the Cardiologist yesterday (Tuesday) and the endodontist is Friday. When does it end? Okay, I know when it ends. Then I go see the mortician, but hopefully, that won't be for another 50 years or so. It will take me that long to get the pictures on the new computer organized.

I have been working every day on those darn pictures and I hardly feel that I'm making any progress. Right now I'm trying to get groups of pictures in categories. I haven't even started to label each of the thousands of photos and now the computer wants me to identify each individual person in every picture so it can show off and tell me who they are when they appear in any picture. There's one good thing that comes of all this. With new computers coming with cameras, GPS and face recognition built it, I think I will simply take the laptop along and when a picture opportunity presents itself, I'll just point the computer at it and say, take the picture, label it with the names of the people in it and the place where it was taken and refer to my calendar and also put down the event taking place. Why should I have to do all of this stuff?

1 comment:

Mary Jane Gilbertson said...

Yes, you are right, just point the laptop and good to go, what the heck is wrong with these software developers.