Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain / Splitting Firewood

There's a song about raining, raining, raining. I think it may be by the Dillards. Whether there is or not, there ought to be. I don't remember this much rain and wind together since we lived in this house (about 11 years). Now, I could be wrong. I have been wrong once or twice before, so this could be the third time in my life. It's supposed to subside by midnight. This afternoon we went to the Matawan library to hear Heather Mulvey sing Celtic songs in honor of St. Patrick's Day. This is the third time we have heard her and she really is good. She has a beautiful voice.

My back and shoulders have been slightly sore since Wednesday when I split some firewood. We were running low and with the forecast for a wet weekend, I thought it might be nice to have a fire in the wood stove on Sunday. When we had two large trees removed a year or so ago, I asked the tree service to cut fire place size logs for me which they did. I then carried a number of unsplit ones down into the cellar to let them dry. I pulled them out now for splitting. However, I learned that you are supposed to split firewood when it is still wet. Letting it dry only makes it harder. I don't know how to do anything easy, but, now I have a small supply of split wood and a couple of sore shoulders.

My computer is not behaving itself properly. It is taking a long time to play YouTube videos. I like to listen to various artists who have folk music videos, but lately, it is taking forever to load them. I tried Anne's new computer and found no problem loading them on it. As a bonus, I discovered that my ear buds produce a much fuller sound on Anne's computer. I had always thought they were fine on mine. What to do. What to do. I'm not ready to get a new computer yet. When I do get one, I believe I will get a PC laptop instead of a Mac this time. Apples are nice, but they are very expensive. I really don't want to think about that now, but I may be forced into it.

No comments: